Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why Japanese?

I decided to take Japanese for a few different reasons. I've already studied German (in high school and spent a year abroad) and Spanish (in college) which are somewhat similar, and wanted to try something completely different my senior year of college. I am also interested in Japanese culture such as art and music. I tried playing the shou (this silly, elegant instrument here) in Columbia's Gagaku ensemble, a medieval Japanese music group last year, and took a class on Japanese history last semester.  I hope to visit Japan someday and eat a tofu donut.  I am excited about maybe one day having a real conversation with a native speaker, but for now I'm fine with learning the basics and blushing excessively at my mistakes!

2 comments:

  1. のらいぬのすきなひとのためにもですね!

    ReplyDelete
  2. わたしもよねんせいです。

    I also took Spanish in high school, it's too bad I've forgotten most of it. I would have written this in Japanese if I knew how. :(

    ReplyDelete